The Decline to State archives
Get the podcast in iTunes
Add to your feed reader
Click on the show you would like to listen. A media player will start playing the show immediately. You can also download or listen to the show directly through a link on that page.
- Show #44.1: Aftershow for March 13 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 02:00 AM
- The DTS crew continues the discussion on personality and its application to education. On this aftershow: Know-thy-self as a tool for self-improvement rather than a rationalization for shortcomings. Who will be our next guest? The dangers of Marxist "victim" classism.
- Show #44: March 13 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 01:50 AM
- Anne from the Johnson O'Connor Research Foundation joins us to discuss personality assessments! How are some of the traditional methods for personality testing obsolete and inconclusive? What does Johnson O'Connor do better? We get to explore some of the ways people differ in aptitudes, and how that can affect their comfort in occupations, institutions (such as schooling) and life situations. This is a must-listen episode. Check it out.
- Show #43.1: Aftershow for March 06 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 01:49 AM
- Aftershow time! We rant about skeptics (the good and bad). LDL talks about some of his research. Why does DC look like a square? How do you be a libertarian in San Francisco? Tune in for some good ol' fun.
- Show #43: March 06 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 01:49 AM
- The Decline to State team talks about how to spur creativity and innovation. Toastytime gives us a look into the modern public school classroom, where we see the difference between how students get "educated" in class vs on the internet and elsewhere. We examine the flaws of "big science" vs real, everyday innovation. How does government distort the market for scientific discovery? Tune in to find out!
- Show #42: February 20 2013 with Kevin Carson — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 07, 2013 03:39 AM
- This episode is a prerecord from earlier in the week. Kevin Carson, a well-known and well-respected mutualist talks to us about mutualism, his views on a free society, and more. We get to hear his views on economics, including his ideas on how to fuse the Labor Theory of Value with the Subjective Theory of Value, business structures, management, history, and technology.
- Show #41: February 13 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 02:11 AM
- RonaldMcPaul does a book report on Spark by John J. Ratey, on the positive effects of exercise on brain function. This is a normal brain... this is a brain on aerobic exercise... Ron and Toast discuss what physical activity does to your noggin, how self-improvement is a part of individualism, and other ways that exercise helps our lives!
- Show #40.1: Aftershow for February 06 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 01:49 AM
- The Decline to State crew hangs out with a few listeners in this aftershow.
- Show #40: February 06 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 02, 2013 01:02 AM
- Eternal, Wrong_Opinion, Ron, and Toast have a chit-chat: Website design, Decline to State is spreading virally (like herpes), The moral argument for liberty is the elephant in the room, be a facilitator instead of an explainer, the "BIG other", the God Machine, Walter Block and flagpoles, political nihilism, use the argument that works for the listener, be open to all kinds of arguments.
- Show #39.1: Aftershow for January 23 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jan 29, 2013 02:28 PM
- Stephan Kinsella joins us for the aftershow. He answers some listener questions, talks about dispute resolution and contract, and shares his many insights into the liberty movement at large. Enjoy this special bonus content, everyone!
- Show #39: January 23 2013 with Stephan Kinsella — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jan 29, 2013 02:15 PM
- The Decline to State team sits down with patent lawyer and libertarian author Stephan Kinsella. We delve deep into the roots of property rights - where do they come from? Was Locke wrong? Why is intellectual property fundamentally different from normal property? How long does it take Decline to State to bring up bitcoins? Listen to find out answers to these perplexing questions!
- Show #38.1: Aftershow for January 16 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 01:48 AM
- Continuation of the discussion on justice in a free society, which quickly derails into anything and everything. Another fun aftershow for your entertainment!
- Show #38: January 16 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 01:48 AM
- A homebrew discussion of "what is justice"? How will a libertarian society decide on just property norms? The crew talks about how polycentric law can solve those problems, complete with a call-in from our friend Bravescot!
- Show #37: January 09 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Apr 10, 2013 11:56 PM
- The DTS crew discusses the so-dreaded burnout! What happens when nobody takes you seriously? What happens when politics doesn't work, and the State keeps statin'? How do you deal with life without Alf? Tune in to hear our stories and solutions.
- Show #36: January 02 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Apr 10, 2013 11:47 PM
- Larken Rose joins us on the Decline to State cast for a fantastic hour of liberty-rich content. We discuss Larken's battle with the taxman, his books and speaking career, his journey to voluntarism, and why he chose the path he chose. Larken does a great job in this cast discussing the simple flaws in statism that we can reveal to unsuspecting anarchy-noobs. Larken is anarchist conversion machine.
- Show #35: December 19 2012 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Apr 10, 2013 11:41 PM
- The Decline to State team welcomes prolific libertarian mind, economist, professor, and author David Friedman to the show! David discusses his smash hit Machinery of Freedom, seasteading, anarcho-capitalism goodness, and we beat the already dead but slightly twitching bitcoin horse into a bloody pulp. Tune in, you won't want to miss this one!
- Show #34.1: Aftershow for December 12 2012 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Mar 18, 2013 03:50 PM
- Aftershow for the Tom Woods show. Tom had to go but don't worry, the party continues on!
- Show #34: December 12 2012 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Mar 18, 2013 03:50 PM
- The Decline to State team welcomes Tom Woods! We discuss where the fire in the liberty movement in the absence of Ron Paul is going to come from. How do we educate people to be warm to the ideas of liberty? Can the DTS team contain their feels for the great champion of liberty? Tune in to find out!
- Show #33: December 05 2012 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Mar 04, 2013 01:52 AM
- The DTS crew discusses illegal drugs, their effects and the impact on society. Topics include: SEC investigating Bitcoin fraud, pirateat40's Bitcoin Ponzi scheme, Nefario's Bitcoin stock exchange shut down, Ponzi scheme victims and drug abusers cry, "I need the state to protect me from myself!" The criminal slave class, and more.
- Toastcast #1: 15 reasons why public schools rarely produce libertarians — by The Decline to State team — last modified Nov 30, 2012 01:26 PM
- Public schools and libertarianism are fundamentally at odds.
- Show #32.1: Aftershow for November 28 2012 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Mar 21, 2013 04:12 AM
- The DtS crew hangs out and talks about medical problems, more drugs, our favorite inebriating beverages, Zom's caffeine overdose story, other mishaps with ingesting chemicals, and more!