The Decline to State archives
Get the podcast in iTunes
Add to your feed reader
Click on the show you would like to listen. A media player will start playing the show immediately. You can also download or listen to the show directly through a link on that page.
- Show #54.1: Aftershow for June 19 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:25 AM
- The Decliners continue their discussion with Pyromine.
- Show #54: June 19 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:26 AM
- The Decline to State team talks to fellow Decliner and Redditor Pyromine, a libertarian youth who is still struggling to free himself from the shackles of public schooling. We talk about the difficulties of adopting philosophy as a youngster and how public schooling creates an environment where statism is the norm. How does Pyromine handle the gauntlet? Tune in to find out!
- Show #53: June 05 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 20, 2013 10:28 PM
- Decline to State celebrates its 1 year anniversary! Join the casters as we talk about the ups and downs of our beloved first year of broadcasting. What were our favorite moments? What were our most loathed mistakes? How do we plan on changing things up in the future? Tune in and find out!
- Show #52: May 29 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:28 AM
- George Donnelly, founder of Shield Mutual, a libertarian PR defense organization, joins us for a hardcore discussion about fighting the State. Shield Mutual is an organization setup to spread the message of the State's clampdowns on libertarian activists and intrusions upon everyday people alike. George has big hopes and big dreams for Shield Mutual. You'll want to check this one out for sure.
- Show #51.1: Aftershow for May 15 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:29 AM
- The aftershow for Bitbutter's guest appearance on Decline to State. We talk more about communicating with liberty-noobs and how best to get people interested in a new message.
- Show #51: May 15 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:28 AM
- Libertarian animator Bitbutter joins us from jolly ol' England. We talk about the production of the well respected and well known "George Ought to Help" video. What goes into making animated youtube productions? This is where you'll get the inside scoop. Listen in!
- Show #50.1: Aftershow for May 08 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:30 AM
- Edward Miller joins us in the aftershow to further discuss the topics from the main show. We go a little deeper into Geolibertarianism and the differences and similarities with ancap theory.
- Show #50: May 08 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:30 AM
- Edward Miller, proponent of "Effective Altruism", joins us to discuss and debate the merits of utilitarian philosophy, Georgism, and charity. Edward gives us a run down of how we should seek to be effective in our charity and generosity, not act selfishly to gain social status. How does the philosophy of effective altruism mesh with anarcho-capitalist philosophy? Are we friends? Would we be matched up on eHarmony? Listen in and find out!
- Show #49: May 01 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:24 AM
- The Decline to State team talks with Sondre, a listener from Norway about the reality of social democracy in the land of vikings. Why do people consider Norway proof that social democracy "works?" What makes Norway so good if the State is so bad? Do they really wear those funny helmets? Are they really that good at building roads? Listen in to find out!
- Show #48.1: Aftershow for April 17 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:31 AM
- Celso stays on for the aftershow. We talk about some of the technical goodness of btcjam. What's going on behind the scenes? What does it take to build a successful web application? Listen in to learn some of the juicy details we didn't fit in the main show!
- Show #48: April 17 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:31 AM
- Celso Cardoso, founder of BTCJam, a microloaning site that uses BTC. Celso is a computer scientist with a specialization in neural networking. He shares with us the motivation behind BTCJam, his technical expertise on neural networking and distributed computing, his thoughts on bitcoin in general, and his love of Brazilian women with large derrieres.
- Show #47: April 10 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 20, 2013 08:50 PM
- The DTS team examine the bitcoin price rollercoaster. Listen to this show to hear our reactions to the bitcoin bubble, our predictions on the price, and our thoughts on bitcoin's future. Did we nail it? Listen in and find out! Also, we talk about the Ron Paul homeschooling curriculum, starring Tom Woods and Gary North.
- Show #46: April 03 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:31 AM
- Redditor and listener Tom (KantLockeMeIn) joins us with a discussion about the FCC, regulation of spectrum, and technology in the realm of wireless communications. What might this system look like in an anarcho-capitalist society? What problems do we have today? Tune in to take a big gulp of the engineering knowledge slurpy.
- Show #45: March 20 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:32 AM
- The Decliners talk about Bitcoin during the big price surge. Redditor and listener Krackor joins us for a great discussion about the pros and cons about Bitcoin. Where will the price head? Is it here for good? Can it survive the bubble? Tune in and find out!
- Show #44.1: Aftershow for March 13 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 02:00 AM
- The DTS crew continues the discussion on personality and its application to education. On this aftershow: Know-thy-self as a tool for self-improvement rather than a rationalization for shortcomings. Who will be our next guest? The dangers of Marxist "victim" classism.
- Show #44: March 13 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified Jul 25, 2013 12:32 AM
- Anne from the Johnson O'Connor Research Foundation joins us to discuss personality assessments! How are some of the traditional methods for personality testing obsolete and inconclusive? What does Johnson O'Connor do better? We get to explore some of the ways people differ in aptitudes, and how that can affect their comfort in occupations, institutions (such as schooling) and life situations. This is a must-listen episode. Check it out.
- Show #43.1: Aftershow for March 06 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 01:49 AM
- Aftershow time! We rant about skeptics (the good and bad). LDL talks about some of his research. Why does DC look like a square? How do you be a libertarian in San Francisco? Tune in for some good ol' fun.
- Show #43: March 06 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 01:49 AM
- The Decline to State team talks about how to spur creativity and innovation. Toastytime gives us a look into the modern public school classroom, where we see the difference between how students get "educated" in class vs on the internet and elsewhere. We examine the flaws of "big science" vs real, everyday innovation. How does government distort the market for scientific discovery? Tune in to find out!
- Show #42: February 20 2013 with Kevin Carson — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 07, 2013 03:39 AM
- This episode is a prerecord from earlier in the week. Kevin Carson, a well-known and well-respected mutualist talks to us about mutualism, his views on a free society, and more. We get to hear his views on economics, including his ideas on how to fuse the Labor Theory of Value with the Subjective Theory of Value, business structures, management, history, and technology.
- Show #41: February 13 2013 — by The Decline to State team — last modified May 06, 2013 02:11 AM
- RonaldMcPaul does a book report on Spark by John J. Ratey, on the positive effects of exercise on brain function. This is a normal brain... this is a brain on aerobic exercise... Ron and Toast discuss what physical activity does to your noggin, how self-improvement is a part of individualism, and other ways that exercise helps our lives!